Woop:-) I have been tagged by the lovely Miss Mermaid and been awarded my first ever blog award. Very cool and thank you:-)
According to her ‘Swimming Upstream’ is an “arty blog by an awesome Dutch photographer – read it for learning about music you’ve never heard of before.”
That’s quite cool eh!
The deal is that:
a) you have to link back to the person who awarded you the award
b) share 7 things about yourself and
c) Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
d) Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
Ahhh 7 things about myself? OK. Here we go
1. Coffee. I love it. The taste. The smell. The idea of having coffee with someone, spending time with friends, catching up. More coffee should be had.
2. I love Robert Capa. Handsome. Dangerous. Adventurer. Photographer extraordinaire.
3. Magazines. Started buying them when I was 10 years old and have never stopped. Music, art or fashion magazines… From Oor (their Anton Corbijn pages in the 90’s made me want to be a photographer) to Vogue to ID or Dazed and Confused. I’ll read them all.
4. I am claustrophobic.
5. Like most girls, I have a thing for shoes… sneakers, stilettos, wedges, green, black, blue, red, all of them but they have to be pretty. As we say in Holland: shoes maketh the man.. well, they maketh the woman too:-)* I like make up and bags too. Yup, I’m a girl:)
6. I make road movies in my head.
7. I would like to publish a book one day full of travel stories, portraits and great graphic design.
I’m not sure I can make to it 15 but here are some of my favorite bloggers. I’ll come back later and add some more.
– The Green Hair Mermaid Blogs – A personal and often moving blog in which the wonderful mermaid tries to find her way through life with musings about family, love, religion, art and anything that is on her mind.
– Groupiemom – Cool and fun, wannabe assassin and groupie.
– My life: FTW! – I don’t know anyone who matches her gusto for life. She is for the win!
– Agony Bette – Seriously, someone needs to pay that chick a fortune, the absolute best for bad advice. She’ll have you in stitches in no time. And did I tell you she is an awesome person as well? Well, she is.
– Lost Is A Place Too – Lauren Fowler’s blog, all round awesome and very talented illustrator, cool person and hot chick.
– One Small Change – Blog by the super talented photographer Deborah Rossouw.
– Beatnik Bazaar – Pretty things, pretty photos, über stylish. ‘nuff said:)
– Lena_ski – The personal side of the Overtone blog. She loves, no *lives* music.
– Being Brazen – She has bucket lists by guest bloggers! And fashion. And 10 things I learned this weekend.
– Miss Moss – Endless gorgeous images to browse through. Fashion, design, photography, art. Beautiful.
– The Pessimiss – This is what happens when you love fashion:) Inspiring and funny. And she ran an amazing Valentine competitions for all you Capetonians out there.
– Symphony of Whales – Music blog by Cape Town musician Nathan Maingard. He likes Sharon van Etten, we share the same birthday, he has all sorts of cool music suggestions, he likes to travel. In short, a cool blog.
*we don’t but it sounds good:)